Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What benefits can get from this integrator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruwan2

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I know that a simple delay component in a feedback accumulator can be an integrator, which is often used in PLL loop design. Today, I find a loop design in a Simulink example which used a digital filter:

Numerator coefficients: 0.02
Denominator coefficients: 1 -1

as an integrator.

Besides the integrator, it also has a proportional and derivative parts. Please see the picture:

pid.PNG

The num(z) is 0.05 in the smoothing filter. I don't know whether the integrator design is related to derivative or not.

From the frequency response curve, it does look like an integrator. I would like to know what benefits can get from this specific digital filter design.

Thanks,

- - - Updated - - -

It seems that the pole at (1, 0) increases the gain at low frequency. This kind of design is normal in PI or PID loop?

Thanks,

Last edited:

Code:
Numerator coefficients: 0.02
Denominator coefficients: 1 -1

That's the z-domain representation of an an ideal integrator. The s-domain pole at the origin corresponds to Z-domain pole at (1,0). It's not at all different from the other integrator implemetations you mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back