Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what are factor need for to design high speed design board??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabaleevisu

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i am kabalee till now i am designing 2 layer board only please anyone help me what are factor need to design high speed board??

high speed design depends on
number net in schematic???
number of VCC or GND??[/CO
LOR]
number of IO port??

Hi while designing the high seed board you should have to what is the maximum frequency range , and where you have to place the critical component ,because high speed design consist of more noise
and characteristic of DDR, DDR2, DDR3,and how too root the signal which topology has to be implemented while routing... it will goes on..

Regards
Praveen Bhat

Hi,

I ll help you in with so far knowledge i obtained

1. For high speed boards, plan the stack-up properly, understand your board size, if its smaller then plan the signal layers and corresponding number of planes for it. Tracewidths, material used, spacing will help you in having controlled impedance and check for manufacturing feasibility with the vendor.

2. Plan your VIA's that goes to your board, like thorugh holes or blind via's any u need. Note that cost is important so through hole via are cheaper but carefully plan for the stub. Wat is the frequency of the board. say if it is 1GHz the stub length will affect the performance of the board.

3. Component placement is major part. Understand the thermal flow, air flow of the board for components. Try placing your components so that trace length is maintained minimum and plan for EMI issues at the initial stage itself.

Hi everyone

Thanks for your reply at present i am designing spartan 6 FPGA board. in spartan 6 board in this board has DDR , Ethernet , flash ,USB are present how to choose the layer stack up for this board .

hey,
Choose a stack-up where the high speed signals are properly sandwiched between reference planes, this will help in to reduce a lot of problems. Plan your power planes, whether u wanted to dedicate entire layer or not,

Status
Not open for further replies.