Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Upgrade Windows 7 to 11

ljcox

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
It is a long time since I upgraded my O/S from W98 to XP, later XP to W7. So I would like some assistance on how to upgrade to W11 please.
All I need is a few hints on how to do it. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Last edited:
This still in effect ? Get to 10 then to 11 with current push noitifications from Microsoft.

Regards, Dana.

This still in effect ? Get to 10 then to 11 with current push noitifications from Microsoft.

old news
expired
Updated on December 27, 2021
--- Updated ---

If you want to speed up your WIn7 experience, let me know.
run MSINFO32> that should display instantly the System summary.
File> Save > (Desktop) Type your name or initials > LJC (.nfo)
then on desktop rename LJC.nfo to LJC.nfo.txt
then EDAboard will accept this as an attachment. (It contains no personal info)

Last edited:
does your computer running 7 meet the requirements to run 11?
my machine running 10 says it won't meet requirements for 11

My PC is 10. My post #3 was simply to see if anyone knows if
the assistave upgrade method still usable for anyone looking
to do the free upgrade. I know the date MS issued was a flag in
the ground, not absolute, from past net traffic on the topic.

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:
It's crucial to remember that there is no official support for upgrading straight from Windows 7 or 8 to Windows 11. You should verify whether your computer satisfies the system requirements for Windows 11 if it is presently running Windows 10. For Windows 11, Microsoft has specified the processor, RAM, storage, and secure boot capabilities of the device. If your computer satisfies the requirements and is running Windows 10, you should be able to update to Windows 11.

It is suggested to determine whether your machine satisfies the update criteria by using Microsoft's PC Health Check program. Remember that system requirements sometimes change, so it's a good idea to visit Microsoft's official website to get the most recent information.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have recently passed to Windows 11 and it's really cool. Upgrading was very smooth and without issue.
In fact, W11 is a cosmetically W10 and some improvements. I liked it.
But Windows 11 needs a minimum hardware configuration, if it doesn't fit, stay in W10

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back