Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ucf timing constraints

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokesh_boddu

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

i have a question on timing constraints

1. How will find out the setup and hold time of a FF before hand?
2. How I know that multi cycle path exist between two FFs?
3. How to find Clock frequency at which the code/module works ( i know that the clock frequency will be decided, but let say i have no info on clock frequency)?

Thanks and regards
bdu

To answer your question, first important thing we have to know is what's your target device. Is it a FPGA or ASIC?
Ans to Q1 :- If its FPGA then in data sheet you will get the FF delay before hand. If its ASIC then foundry will share this data with you.
Ans to Q2 :- It all depend upon you design. You have to have a understanding of you design. NOTHING else will help you out for detecting multi-cycle path.
Ans to Q3 :- As I said you will have data from either data sheet or foundry, and you understand you have understanding of design. Now, clock frequency can be estimated.

I hope this will help.

Hi gck

Thanks for ur answers.

what is the difference between back annotation and gate level simulation?

Regards
bdu

fix setup and hold violation

Hi friends

i am working on virtex 2vpro,

i have setup violation in my design , how to fix setup and hold violation, like how to add buf in path.

please give me tips used to fix the violation

Regards
bdu_vlsi

Hi, bdu_vlsi,
What kind of design are you working on?
You need to modify you design to avoid setup violation.

Hope this help you

GCK

Status
Not open for further replies.