Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TUSB2046BI for 4 port USB hub,

Status
Not open for further replies.

kotsam

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tusb2046 circuit

Hi everybody ,

i used tusb2046bi from ti to build up 4 port USB hub , after looking at the data sheet , i built the recommended circuit from the data sheet , the problem is when i connecting the hub to the pc the pc recognize the chip , and the message is ready to use shown by the windows , which good so far , but when i'm connecting advice from the other side like DiskOnkey , its not powering up however there is voltage which 5 volts and at the D+ i can see 3.10 volt . so where is the problem could be ,

any advice would be welcomed thanks

tusb2046 power problem

Looking at the datasheet, the power to the downstream devices is controlled by a TPS2041. The control lines for this device are from the TUSB2046. The power switch is turned on by the PWRON going low. However, if the device is drawing too much current, the TPS2041 will assert the OVRCUR signal and turn off the power. I would check these two signals. These are both active low signals. Therefore, OVRCUR should be high and PWRON should be low in normal operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back