Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transient noise analysis in cadence

hdrohithd

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a question regarding modelling of kt/c noise. I tried modelling it using verilog-a .

I have KT/C spectral noise as 207.14pV^2/Hz (theoretical as well as in noise analysis)
Here I am measuring noise generated at the source in virtuoso noise analysis and it's coming as expected.
--- attachment: 1.jpg, 2.jpg

But when I do the transient analysis with input voltage for the resistor = 0-0.9v sine wave, ideally I am thinking sine wave + noise Voltage have to be :
√spectral noise power = √207.14pV^2/Hz = 14.39uV
Input voltage is 0.9v sine wave. So the sine wave with noise have to be random noise with average magnitude of 14.39uV with superimposed on vsin.

But I am getting very large transient voltage at the input. Noise Voltage is around 4 volts.
--- attachment:
3.jpg showing vin -> pure sine wave, and vin_err -> showing sine wave with noise.
4.jpg showing circuit and transient noise option setting in the simulator.

Mainly I want to add this transient noise and want to measure how noise affects ADC performance matrix like snr, enob etc..

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    740.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    800.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 4.png
    4.png