Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transfer Function of DC Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not see parameters like motor viscous friction constant for example

Depends on the data sheet completeness. Most important parameters are emf and torque constants. They can be derived from a good datasheet. Also friction constant from the no-load current. Rotor inertia and inductance are rarely specified and must be measured or estimated.

I have attached the image of DC motor datasheet. Could you please guide, how to calculate motor viscous friction constant ,electromotive force constant
DC_Motor.png

Hi,

It's not a motor, it's a generator.

Klaus

No it's a motor (see item 20). Item 7 specifies the power supply.

The datasheet clarifies that the motor has among other features variable excitation and a compound winding, thus the simple DC motor model derived in the link in post #1 doesn't apply. Refer to an electrical machines text book for a detailed analysis.

Hi,

Indeed you are right. I misinterpreted the "generator" and "excitation" ...

Klaus

Yes, It is separately excited dc motor. Would viscous friction and emf depend on type of motor(simple or compound).

Sketch a complete equivalent circuit of the motor with all windings. You'll realize that there more parameters involved than with the simple PMDC motor analyzed in the post #1 link.

There are no parameters in the above datasheet that allow estimation of friction constant.

ok. Now one last question. I wanted to know the dimension normalization in a typical DC motor control system. For example inertia is usuallyt given in kg-m2 and speeds are usually rad/s. Can we subsititute these values as it is or any conversion is required?

Status
Not open for further replies.