Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Too many conductors touch lumped port

Status
Not open for further replies.

hank_the_wolf

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have designed the following circuit. It's supposed to be a low pass microstrip filter and a 50 ohm microstrip transmission line. Individually, each work with wave ports. However, I need to use lumped ports because I can't get accurate readings from the wave ports being the size I need them to. (I need to put them very close together for cross talk) The only conductors are the traces and the reference plane. The integration line I set goes from the top of the reference plane to the top of the two lines (the conductors are boxes .012 ish mm thick.)

When I put the lumped ports together (red sheets), I get the following error messages:

Attachments

• Circuit.JPG
    Circuit.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 464
  • Error.JPG
    Error.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 288

Is the picture showing the lumped ports, or the wave ports? Lumped ports, as far as I know, should only exist in between the conductors.

However, I need to use lumped ports because I can't get accurate readings from the wave ports being the size I need them to. (I need to put them very close together for cross talk)

I would still use wave ports. Use only 2 ports, such that each port covers both microstrip lines. Change the simulation type to driven terminal and assign one terminal per port to each of the lines.

An Edge port would work also..
Remove existing ports, Select Edges, Add Port..

Attachments

• Edge_Port.jpg
    Edge_Port.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 274

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back