Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

The "Flicker" parametrization interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

danijel.gorupec

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This one is almost trivial...

To parametrize/configure simple DIY boards powered by small 8-bit microcontrollers, one might use DIP switches or jumpers... Last few weeks I am experimenting with another solution - to define parameters on a smartphone GUI and then transfer them into the tiny 8-bit microcontroller using the "Flicker" interface. The "Flicker" interface is optical in nature and data is transferred by smartphone screen flickering.

At minimum, it takes:
- one phototransistor
- one input pin on your microcontroller
- about 250 bytes of programming memory
- the Flicker application for your smatphone

I wrote a simple Filcker application for android phones (you can define your own GUI and transfer data to your microcontroller). If you are interested, you can find more info **broken link removed**. There is also a page with a small **broken link removed** where the "Flicker" interface is used in practice.

Let me know if you have any suggestion or question.

3251381900_1415120144.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back