Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

suggestions need in buying deskop PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemnath

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am planning to buy a new desktop PC.

I will work on this softwares:
Altium Designer, Proteus professional, Microsoft visual c#, MPLAB IDE, C18 Compiler, Autocad, CATIA, PRO E, Adobe Photoshop.

Please tell me suggestions what should be the configurations for my PC.

Which graphics card should i buy for the best performance?
I planned to buy i3 processor. Which motherboard should i buy?
RAM?

Thanks in advance.

I think you should read this before settling on an i3.

Given what you want to run I would suggest an i7 with 16 GB of RAM 1TB HDD and a 256GB SSD with an NVIDIA graphics card as you didn't list gaming as a requirement you probably can get away with a much lower end card, but you'll definitely benefit from a card that supports at least two HD or better (i.e. 4K) resolution displays. The dual head display card will pretty much define the lowest end card you should get.

From my own experience always allow a bit more RAM.

pro/E uses open GL
https://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/52592/en/proewf4.pdf
You dont need a system o be certified to work, but helps.
Never use min. Or recommended. Use more high perf.

Considering 1080p uses only 2Mpix or 6MB per buffer, GPU ram unless the software utilizes GPU 3D rendering, will be wasted.

I am partial to 3 or quad port Matrox video cards with a very lean OS for high speed 2D rendering on XP64.

If app is not optimized for multi-threading, multi core, it may only use 25% of all quad cores and 50% of both duo cores.

Get ProcExp.exe and benchmark present systems for CPU per core per App and also GPU graphs for utilization. Then evaluate bottleneck.

It may be RAM speed or HDD speed or GPU or CPU or limited by slugware on PC.

As far as I can agree with lots of RAM and definitely optical disc drives, I'd opt for getting i5 instead of i7. Definitely not i3 as it's too weak and may become not enough for you in a very short time. But i7 are very expensive on the other hand and for what you need are you guys sure that i5 wouldn't be enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.