Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestions for my carrier - I need your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninochip

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I’d be glad to have suggestions and points of view from anyone older or more expert than me, to be able to take the right decisions for my future carrier.
Briefly and trying not to bore you, I graduated MSc in Electronics Eng. 2006 and started my PhD in Electronics and Automation Eng. developing my skills in uC, DSP, digital conversion and filtering, applied to electronics measurement equipments for lab and for environmental monitoring.

During my 2nd-year PhD concurrently I worked at ENI (oil&gas company) as automation Eng. to develop specifications and validations for the Distributed Control Systems and Emergency Shut-Down system for refinery plants, with the promise that soon I would be moved to R&D units involved in the state-of-art of electronics and robotics for sub-sea machines used to search and extract oil in deep.

Promise not maintained, so after 1 year I decided to left and, in agreement with my PhD professor, I suspended my PhD for 1 year to attend MAS in Embedded Systems Design at AlaRI in Lugano (Switzerland).

Last summer I took my MAS degree and now I’m looking for an internship/job with PhD thesis to finish my PhD and have an important experience outside the university. I searched a lot but it seems not so easy , and moreover I can’t wait too much for economical problem. So I gave me the end of Feb. as deadline: if I find something before it’s perfect otherwise I leave my PhD and I continue with my previous well-paid but boring previous work.

I started programming uCs when I was 18 years old, I have good skills in DSP programming, VHDL-FPGA, PCB design, Electronics Hardware, and my academic CV is very good but I have difficulties to find the way to realize my dreams.

Any suggestion, point of view, comment, help, proposition is appreciated. I forgot to say I’m 29 years old, I’m from Europe and available to move everywhere. My PhD professor supports me and permits me to do PhD thesis outside university if it’s obviously in electronics field; Hardware Design, FPGA design, uC/DSP programming, Hardware Embedded Design, ASIC Design would be my favorite ones.

Thanks a lot for your time and your availability.

Status
Not open for further replies.