Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Suggestion on Transistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

VASANSNS

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,
I have an application which needs a pulse input ranging from +15v to -3v operating at 17.5 Mhz. The load capacitor is 150pF and the required rise and fall time of the pulse is 10nS. I am building a circuit with BJT's (both NPN and PNP) . I need some idea about the criteria for selection of BJT's available in the market.

Can somebody suggest some available NPN and PNP transistors which work in this range.
Also i tried searching for some RF transistors, but i was not sure if they are capable of handling such huge loads. The max collector current for RF transistors was around 50mA. I was not whether its possible to get such a strict rise/fall time with the given load. Can somebody comment on this calculations.

Also any other suggestion or reference links are also welcomed.

Regards
SNS

Status
Not open for further replies.