Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sound Quality Issue With Nexia Biamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ro Drop

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there. We are trying to figure out if our Nexia biamp telco module might be bad. We have a room that has a Nexia Biamp TC in it. This unit is used for VTC and for Audio conferencing. The room is acoustically acceptable, especially after having purchased some acoustic panels.

The room in the room is fine
The sound quality from our site (according to participants) in VTC is fine. I have also recorded this sound quality from VTC to ensure it is good quality.

The sound quality from our site during an audio conference is not good. I have also recorded it and have called from this phone during troubleshooting with the Nexia Biamp team.

I think there is a POSSIBILITY that the telco module is not good OR the programming involving the telco module is a challenge.

I do agree there could be better microphones in the room, but they are the same microphones being used for VTC and the VTC quality is ok. AND...I tested a wireless microphone in the system--in the room and walked out of the room and used the same microphone with the sound system (in an office beside it) and the quality was the same.

Anyone have any thoughts or comments? I am tempted to try to get hold of another biamp .

Questions:

* Do you get bad quality in the signal delivered (a) to computers, or (b) to speakers, or (c) to headphones?

* Does the amplifier have an input jack to receive a signal from devices other than microphones? (Example, radio, cd player, ipod.) Do you get bad quality from the amplifier when you feed it such signals?

Your comment about using a device other than the microphone helped me. I hooked up a laptop and the sound was just a poor...(on the offsite). I spoke with the vendor, and they are sending us a new dsp to try out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back