Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

soccer robot source code needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

etilhot

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi...my name is gana....me doing soccer robot.....so i am stuck with programming part......me using pic 18f452 ic with motor driver l293d......can i get a sample code for this project and to control it we asre using ps2 controller

Hi

You can find the basics to program your microcontroller and to independently drive two motors using the hardware PWM generator **broken link removed**. It explains everything you need to know to drive a motor and shows a simple example of a robot tracking the light. The motor driver used on this board is also a L293D.

Note that programming a soccer robot is significantly more difficult, and requires much more sensory information which you have to provide: you need to know where the ball is, the location of the target, ... Things become even more complicated if robots have to form a team. This already requires the implementation of strategies, and a communication mechanism. Such programs are usually developed by professional software programming teams. In order for the robot to be fast and very mobile, these teams often use omni-wheels, which require at least 3 independent motors.

I suggest that you start with programming a simple robot task, such as a line follower/sumo robot, ..., and gradually add more complexity/intelligence to your design.

Status
Not open for further replies.