Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Smd transistor replace help

Gaber Mohamed Boraey

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone

I have ups device with inverter board problem, there are some defect components, one of them is smd transistor with code N1P , I’ve searched and found equivalent number is bfr53,
which is 2Ghz wideband NPN transistor

Here is the link for datasheet
F24AA7B7-3418-490A-81AA-E51E778E6DBD.png

I have 1P smd transistor, which is 2222 transistor, can it be replacement?, if no, what common smd transistor can be replacement?

Any of attachments can be?

Waiting your suggestions for solve this issue
Regards

Attachments

• CDC7D28A-9E45-4639-B687-6E63DB9CDDE2.png
    CDC7D28A-9E45-4639-B687-6E63DB9CDDE2.png
    166.2 KB · Views: 60
  • D2E259BE-08E3-4FBD-AE05-478102426035.png
    D2E259BE-08E3-4FBD-AE05-478102426035.png
    164.1 KB · Views: 53
There are about 100 devices with code N1, the 'p' probably indicates the manufacturer.
It isn't impossible its a BFR53 but I can't think of a good reason a transistor with those characteristics would be used in an inverter, it is more commonly used in cable TV distribution amplifiers. Note that some N1 coded devices are Zener diodes or voltage regulators so if you test them as transistors they will appear to be faulty.

Brian.

good reason a transistor with those characteristics would be used in an inverter
You right, me too surprised, but it’s the same as photo on eBay which I’ve posted first, let’s assume it’s a transistor until I take real photos for you later, for this component and for the board I have

For now, it must be replaced with wideband transistor?

There are about 100 devices with code N1, the 'p' probably indicates the manufacturer.
It isn't impossible its a BFR53 but I can't think of a good reason a transistor with those characteristics would be used in an inverter, it is more commonly used in cable TV distribution amplifiers. Note that some N1 coded devices are Zener diodes or voltage regulators so if you test them as transistors they will appear to be faulty.

Brian.
I’ve found that I missed the number right, I mean the right part number for transistor is “ W1P “ and that is 2222 transistor

Not N1P at all as this is completely different

I found 2222 easily and installed
Thanks for good comment

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: