Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM908 Firmware update

Status
Not open for further replies.

andidegn

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am currently working on my bachelor project and it envolves GSM and GPS, so the choice fell on the SIM908 on an Arduino shield form DFRobots here. Although I am quite disappointed with the quality of the product, I don't really have a choice now to change the whole design. I have some stability problems with the module and want to upgrade the firmware. I have found the latest firmware, thanks to chipseller in a different post, but I am unable to find an upgrade tool that will do the job. Also, I am unsure if there is something on the shield that stops me from actually upgrading the firmware, in which case I will have to solder something directly on the board to connect to.

So to sum up, does anyone here have a compatible tool or a link to one?
And does anyone have any experience with the GPS/GPRS/GSM Module from DFRobots?

I apologise if this has already been answered in a different thread, but I haven't come across it in my search on here.

Detailed info:
Module:Chip:
SIM908​
Current firmware:
1137B02SIM908M64_ST_MMS​
Firmware to be uploaded:
1137B04SIM908M64_ST​
Already tried flash tool:
Simcom - sim900 Customer flash loader V1.01​

Status
Not open for further replies.