Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sim900A +CREG: 0,4 The modem responds fine to incoming voice calls,as well sms

Status
Not open for further replies.

prabhukaran3

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1) On powerup it took around 30-40 secs to find network (led blink rate came to around 1hz in about 30-40 secs). At this moment, I issued the command AT+CREG? (registration enq)
Which returned
+CREG: 0,4 (meaning not registered). Once I also tried AT+COPS (operator list) which returned null.
2) I kept issuing AT+CREG? Every 1minute and after around 3-5mts the command returned +CREG: 0,1 (registered). In between I tried to issue ATD9827061767; command to dial out a voice call to my number 9827061767. I always returned NO CARRIER.
3) After around 3-5 mts (when AT+CREG? Returned 0,1) I kept retrying the ATD command after issuing an ATH and with 3 to 5 retries the modem could place the outgoing call once (and it did not give consistent results). All the while the AT+CSQ returned values in the range of 7 (lowest) to 13 (highest) values.

Status
Not open for further replies.