Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Signal Acquisition with high sampling rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntuitiveAnalog

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I have a PWM sort of wave having frequency of few kHz and 0-10 V amplitude, which I need to acquire (for post-processing with MATLAB) using acquisition board/kit with a high sampling rate of the order of a few GS/s.
I will be thankful if anyone could give an idea about acquisition board/kit which should be used for this purpose.

Thanks

I need to acquire (for post-processing with MATLAB) using acquisition board/kit with a high sampling rate of the order of a few GS/s.

It is a huge sampling rate, perhaps not too easy to find boards with such a specification, anyway had you seen the National Instruments portfolio ?

Are you sure you need that sampling rate? That's oversampling by several orders of magnitude.

Most scopes let you capture data.

anyway had you seen the National Instruments portfolio ?
Yeah I have seen some of the boards from National Instruments, but have not come across such high sampling rate yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure you need that sampling rate? That's oversampling by several orders of magnitude. .
Yes, that's the requirement.
What exactly do you mean by it?

What exactly do you mean by it?

It means that unless you are planing to process this data in realtime ( which should be done within the acquisition board ), you should capture a stream and store it for further processing. Once again, you're dealing with a huge specification; this is implemented on professional systems by multiple A/Ds working together, interleaved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back