Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Self-made Segway prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyjar

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

User owner1 presents his segway prototype in a smaller scale.
The project is based on the electronics from the website zzaag-Projekt
with the software modified to own needs.

The wheels were adapted from a baby carriage, a 1:4 transmission from a Chinese Bosch adequately modified and connected to the motor of a car 12v fan.

The platform was made of Plexi.

It was constructed to see, if it would work as expected not to be exposed to additional expenses.

As it can be seen in the video, it works quite well, so a real segaway will be constructed.

Motors, each 24v 500w and 1:5 chain transmission are intended to be used. It was observed while constructing the prototype that there cannot be any backlashes in the transmissions because the vehicle starts drifting.

Link to original thread - Prototyp Segway-a własnej konstrukcji

Nice intresting project. Thanks for sharing the link, and congratulations on your success too. The source code given in the website says those are sample codes. Does it work up to expectations or you have modified them?
Cheers

Mate I've been looking forward to make something like this since I had a motorbike accident couple of months earlier. Please keep me posted. cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.