Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Searching for MIG welder replacement control board

eagle1109

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have this machine and searching for a control board replacement, searched on Google, eBay .. etc. Didn't find it. I even contacted the company and they didn't respond.

Model name:
Art. 581 Bravo synergic MIG 3840/T

The machine is discontinued.

This is the machine:

20231114_094241.jpg

I tested the LM7805 before soldering it and it measured OK, meaning no shorts between the pins.
15 ohms reading in circuit is reasonable load for 5V. That's 333 mA through 7805.

For a while it sounded as though you measured out of circuit and read low ohms.

That's very good to know, because it's the only board we have, and it's a discontinued machine and even the company didn't respond. The only website that has this board costs $920, which is really a lot.

I actually advised my friends at the welding lab to buy a new welder from the market other than this old one and even maybe less price.

20231210_170330.jpg

We installed the board, launched the machine, but the electronics didn't work as the board wasn't fix.

The 7 segment didn't work, so I think the DC voltages aren't available.

A strange thins, according to the next picture. The output of LM7805 is going to -ve of the capacitors ! Why ?

lm7805_output.jpg

This is the machine mains cable:

20231218_142538.jpg

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back