Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SDC file

prajapati_

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is SDC (Synopsys Design Constraints) and what does it consists of? Can anyone explain this. I'm a lot confused.

First - define the clocks of your design and period of these clocks.
Second - define input/output delays of pins of your design.
And some other timing related constraints (multicycle, false path, max/min delay ...)

These constraints are needed for optimization of your design.

SDC (Synopsys Design Constraints) is a format used to specify the design constraints for digital circuits during the electronic design automation (EDA) process. It is primarily used in the synthesis and timing analysis of digital designs. These constraints guide the EDA tools to optimize the design for performance, power, and area, ensuring that the final implementation meets the desired specifications.
Here is an article. I am not sure if you've checked it already.

@prajapati_
Google will answer your first question, there are 100s of explanations out there in the internet. So first let's see what homework you have done.

I'm a lot confused.
Regarding this, yes we might help, but you must elaborate your confusion!

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back