Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ring counter at 0.35um process

Status
Not open for further replies.

paramis

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I need a ring counter with 50 latch, that worked with clock @ frequency=4.3Ghz,i use c2mos latch but it can't work correct.
one c2mos latch work correct at 4.3GHz but loop of 50th of c2mos latch didn't work.do u know any high speed latch??? i don't know why loop can't work....
the image of c2mos latch attached. clk_inv.jpg

That is very high speed, perhaps the devices are not sized quite right for the drive loading vs speed, were you simming with parasitics? It sounds like if a single works but the chain isnt, you might have race conditions occurring, have you observed the delay from one to the next with respect of the clock input?

I guess that clock bus is loaded with 100 latches and (without buffer amplifiers) it's overloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back