Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rfid codes sample in usart using pic18f4620

Status
Not open for further replies.

52eoc

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am looking sample code for usart where the rfid reader is connected to portC.f6 & portC.f7 which is rx and tx.Can you give me sample code for getting the rfid data to these port with usart interrupt or simple usart program.

Hi 52eoc,

Are you sure the RFID reader has an asynchronous serial and not a Wiegand interface? Most commercial RFID readers have a Wiegand interface due to the long-hauls from the reader to the controller?

am im using a 125khz em4100 family rfid reader i would like to ask some codes to get the tags id using mikroC and sample vb codes for it.It has rs232 connection for the pc with usb connector for its power supply.

Ok,

The first step would be to test the RS-232 connection to a PC using a terminal emulation program such as Hyperterminal or Putty. You should be able to read a RFID tag and have it displayed in the terminal console.

Have you accomplished this? If so, what were the serial settings, BAUD rate, etc?

Once we know you have a viable serial connect and at what settings we can proceed to code your app.

BigDog

I've done this already. The tag number have been displayed in the terminal console. the baud rate is 9600. can u give me any sample source code to interface this RS-232 with PIC16F877a? I'm still new at this, I don't know where to proceed after accomplished displaying the tag card number at the terminal console. If u can send me any sample source code regarding this topic.

Ok,

The first step would be to test the RS-232 connection to a PC using a terminal emulation program such as Hyperterminal or Putty. You should be able to read a RFID tag and have it displayed in the terminal console.

Have you accomplished this? If so, what were the serial settings, BAUD rate, etc?

Once we know you have a viable serial connect and at what settings we can proceed to code your app.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.