Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Research in ANalog Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sambhav_1

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am working in a VLSI company and wanted to do research in analog design. Is it possible to do independent research or there are groups with whom i can connect for the research? (I have done my bachelors in Electronics and 2 years of Experience in Mix signal)

Thanks in Advance

3D printing continues to progress in fineness of resolution and capability to print various substances. In time you may be able to print your own IC's. In fact Youtube has reports (or rumors) of such 3D printing. You might be the one to make breakthroughs in this field.

One experimenter who stands out is Jeri Ellsworth, lady electronics genius. She has numerous Youtube videos exploring concepts in fabrication.

Take a look at these threads:

Why do you want to do independent research? for personal development or you want to have it as a career?
Where will you get money for research?
You can contact institutes and universities group and ask for an opportunity.

Why do you want to do independent research? for personal development or you want to have it as a career?
Where will you get money for research?
You can contact institutes and universities group and ask for an opportunity.
Right Now,It is for personal development and want to start by joining some group but along with the job

Hi @Akshaay

There is the Semiconductor Research Corp (SRC), which has been connecting several universities with companies through scholarships and research funding.

Check with your company if they are part of SRC.

Kind regards,
Vitor

Right Now,It is for personal development and want to start by joining some group but along with the job
Then search for external PhD opportunity. In theory you can do unpaid PhD externally while you work.

Then search for external PhD opportunity. In theory you can do unpaid PhD externally while you work.
Thanks! Any university which offers the same?

I do not know a particular university. But search in Europe, it should be possible. The most difficult part is to convince a supervisor to work remotely and use their resources but you can try anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back