Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

read from FPGA with disabled readback

Status
Not open for further replies.

laithalfar

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I'm trying to read from several FPGA's data and they have disabled readback on , is there a way I can get past that problem??

Hi,

are you talking about read protection?
Want us to help you steal something?

Klaus

Hi,

are you talking about read protection?
Want us to help you steal something?

Klaus
I don't appreciate the assumption, but I am going to humour you. I work in an electronics company and we're trying to replicate several FPGAs for a client because the cost would be less and they have read protection on.

Despite your protest, it sure SOUNDS like you're trying to copy something that someone specifically doesn't want copied. Why doesn't your client have the source code or bit file?

Despite your protest, it sure SOUNDS like you're trying to copy something that someone specifically doesn't want copied. Why doesn't your client have the source code or bit file?
My client happens to be the military, and I am only a Trainee, I don't really ask too much questions- lol. If anyone has an answer to my question, I'm more than happy to hear it otherwise you can move along.

I don't really ask too much questions- lol.
Then you must really ask! Students/Interns asking questions is appreciated and not looked-down upon.

Only the designer/architect can tell you what you can/may/should from the design. Rather than trying to find out ways from different forums, go to your supervisor, ask for relevant documentation/information on the project and how should you proceed.

with all due respect to all three of you, this is an electronics forum, I'm not here for life lessons I know what I'm doing in that regards, my question is in regards to electronics and software which I'm sure you have much greater knowledge than me in, so if you can help with that it'd be great.

Hi,

with all respect back...

The code is protected for a good reason. And copying it wihtout permission is illegal.
Illegal from an ethnical point of view.

And additionally here the forum rules say "We do not condone nor accept posts pertaining to illegal activities such as hacking, cracking, *****, or spam."

So your clearly try to violate this rule.

I by myself did many projetcs and did protect them. And I don´t want anybody to use/cope/steal my IP.

Klaus

Hi,

with all respect back...

The code is protected for a good reason. And copying it wihtout permission is illegal.
Illegal from an ethnical point of view.

And additionally here the forum rules say "We do not condone nor accept posts pertaining to illegal activities such as hacking, cracking, *****, or spam."

So your clearly try to violate this rule.

I by myself did many projetcs and did protect them. And I don´t want anybody to use/cope/steal my IP.

Klaus
I understand that but I am not trying to do smth illegal, so the fact that my task has to be made much harder because of others intentions is really frustrating. Idk how to prove it but i'm literally just a university student trying to do a task for my internship for the military and this is what I was tasked with. My supervisor is currently working on another task so asked me to look into this until he is done, because he also does not know how to do this.

Hi,

It doesn´t matter whether you are a student or an engineer...

My recommendation: contact the original manufacturer

Klaus

It doesn´t matter whether you are a student or an engineer...

My recommendation: contact the original manufacturer
You try to help newbies and this is the attitude they show! Post#6

I also supervise students now and then from the local Universities to do parts of our work and believe me, a wrong/negative attitude is always looked down upon compared to the knowledge a person has/brings in and is a big turn off.

I am logging off from this thread.....

Last edited:

You try to help newbies and this is the attitude they show! Post#6

I also supervise students now and then from the local Universities to do parts of our work and believe me, a wrong/negative attitude is always looked down upon compared to the knowledge a person has/brings in and is a big turn off.

I am logging off from this thread.....
I, too, resent the OP’s attitude. Maybe they should chose a career path that doesn’t involve interacting with others, since this is apparently not a skill they possess. People with much more skill and experience than the OP have taken issue with their original request, as well as their attitude. laithalfar, you would do well to reassess your approach and attitude.

And, you evidently DO need some life lessons.

IMO if they are doing this for the military it is likely that military is attempting to steal that technology.
I'm closing this thread based on the rule violation.

Status
Not open for further replies.