Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pwm to voltage convertor filter analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle-elec

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every one . I had found this circuit in internet . it converts pwm of mcu to analog voltage up to 10 V . i need the second part filter parameters . i think so tha second part is a three stage filter and the opamp side is a lowpass MFP filter . most the samples circuits on internet had input side into opamp on inverting pin . but this one has an input signal on non inverting pin .

1608759592911.png

i need to know , filter type , Transfer function , Q factor , Cut-off frequency . could some one help me please ?

Hi,

I don't think it is a classical MFP. And I don't think it's a really calculated design.
I rather say it is some kind of random filter 3rd order with low Q. Maybe 0.4.

Klaus

According to SapWin, the filter has three almost real poles and a real zero, respectively it's not better than a low Q second low-pass.

If you want optimal filter behavior, use a standard MFB or Sallen-Key design.

1608762818373.png

1608763083626.png

These might help, ap notes on PWM filtering, attached.

Regards, Dana.

Attachments

• slyt076[1].pdf
    372.1 KB · Views: 74
  • spraa88a.pdf
    366.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Cancel PWM DAC ripple with analog subtraction _ EDN.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 140
According to SapWin, the filter has three almost real poles and a real zero, respectively it's not better than a low Q second low-pass.

If you want optimal filter behavior, use a standard MFB or Sallen-Key design.

View attachment 166574
View attachment 166576
Im agree with you . i must use a standard MFB or Sallen-Key design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back