Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power amplifier performance under mismatch condition

dolgaleb

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to test a 5 W power amplifier under mismatch conditions and verify that it can meet all requirements except for output power. So I have to be able to test for the different specifications while the PA is seeing a mismatch load. Can anyone suggest a test setup for this? I have an idea on how to do it but would like to see what other have done in the past.

Regards,

There is no international standard for Mismatch Loading for Power Amplifiers. Every company tests their product under different conditions.
But as far as I know, 10:1 VSWR or 15:1 VSWR are frequently used. There might be other test conditions.

Output power is specified for nominal load impedance unless your amplifier involves a tuner.
What do you read as output power, forward power Pf or delivered power Pd?

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back