Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PLL simulation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wccheng

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am simulating transient of the PLL in schematic view. However, it is so strange to me. Firstly, I have designed the QVCO. It would oscillate 4GHz at 0.9V Vctrl voltage. I have included the output loading when I design the QVCO. Afterwards, I do the whole PLL simulation result. It finds that the Vctrl = 0.7V in order to get stable. However, my partner using the same circuit and run the simulation in another PC. It gives Vctrl = 0.85V in order to get stable. Why does it happen? Do I need to set something in the simulation in order to get a consistent solution?

Thanks

wccheng

Same netlists? Same model parameter? Any difference? OS? Please gives more details.

all are same

Added after 3 hours 6 minutes:

Will transisent time step affect the simulation result in the whole PLL simulation?

wccheng said:
Will transisent time step affect the simulation result in the whole PLL simulation?

Of course, it will - at least if the time step is above a certain limit.
Another question: What do you mean with "get stable" ???
Does this mean the loop has locked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.