Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ping speed goes down when system connts with network

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD_SHAHRUKH

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
There is one issue, when I connect a system of having Ethernet interface to a router and when pinged from a pc it is working fine. But when other devices in the network is turned ON the ping of my device goes down and some time fails to ping(request time out). The router is cisco 2900 series.

My question is, why is this pinging gets slow to my device only. Other devices are pinging perfectly.

Is it something to do with router. As I have not configured it. Someone else does.

Is there any software issue from my side, as the device is a microcontroller lpc1768?

I guess that the network interface of the relative slow Cortex M3 processor is overloaded by received packets. This may be a problem of MAC filter settings (e.g. promiscutive mode enabled) or unusual high amount of broadcast packets.

In a regular ethernet network, the switch connecting your device would already filter packets dedicated to other hosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.