Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] PIC24FJ128GL306 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemnath

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I want to program PIC24FJ128GL306. MPLAB X IDE and compiler xC16.

When i try to program using pickit3, i get the following error. "The Programmer To Go operation is not currently supported for the selected device"

Please help how to program.

"To go" is the option to load the code into EEPROM on the Pickit3 so it can be used in the field without a computer. Try turning it off and programming directly.

Note that many Pickit clones do not have the EEPROM on them so they can't use 'To go' mode. Genuine Microchip ones should be OK.

Brian.

how to disable "To go" option.
--- Updated ---

I select "make and program device".

Result:
Target Device ID (0x0) is an Invalid Device ID. Please check your connections to the Target Device.
DEVSN0 = 00000000
DEVSN1 = 00000000

Device Erased...

Programming...

The following memory area(s) will be programmed:
program memory: start address = 0x0, end address = 0x19ff
Failed to program device.

But the ICSP connections are correct. I have also replaced new microcontroller.
--- Updated ---

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

If you are using MPLAB IPE, open the advanced settings tab then select 'Settings'. You should see a "Programmer to Go" window. As I said before, most clones of PicKit3 do not have the extra memory installed inside the PicKit enclosure so they may behave differently.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.