Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Perpetual generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan8947

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI

Someone gave me this youtube link, I don't believe it will work, but here is the video. Maybe someone here can debunk this. I am only a small EE, don't know enough to prove it's wrong. I just learn you can never get more than you put in.

I want to hear from experts here.

Thanks

I have some old transformers here, I'm going to salvage the copper wire from them and wind a new coil right around the World so its rotating magnetic field generates unlimited electricity. Question for experts, should I wind it around the north and south poles or around the equator? How many turns will be needed and should I wind two coils, one for countries needing 50Hz electricity and another one for 60Hz?

Final question, will it work better if I remove the Earths iron core and replace it with a neodymium one?

Brian.

I have some old transformers here, I'm going to salvage the copper wire from them and wind a new coil right around the World so its rotating magnetic field generates unlimited electricity. Question for experts, should I wind it around the north and south poles or around the equator? How many turns will be needed and should I wind two coils, one for countries needing 50Hz electricity and another one for 60Hz?

Final question, will it work better if I remove the Earths iron core and replace it with a neodymium one?

Brian.
How is this help my question? I am not joking, it's a sincere question I never seen before.

My feeling is it's not possible, but the video showed differently.

Sadly there all kinds of free energy videos on Youtube.

Shoprt answer here is both motor and generator have losses,
electrical and mechanical, and of course extracting energy from
the combo adds to that loss. Losses then cause the energy
production to fall, and that sequence, classic differential
equation behavior, falls ultimately to ZERO.

So nope, this doe not work.

Even the generator betwxt said ultimately slows the earths rotation rate to ZERO,
again the energy production evaporates.

And of course we have the second law of Thermodynamics that tells us all
irreversible systems essentially "disintegrate", my term.

Lastly if we could find a way of converting dark matter into energy, since it
appears to make of most of the universe, we could get what looks like free
energy, maybe even restart the universe due to elimination of most kinetic
energy and subsequent gravitational collapse to retrigger another big bang,
the time span would make it look like boundless free energy....speaking as
a non physicist, read makes my intellectual entropy maxed out, hence
worthless.

Regards, Dana.

Sorry Alan8947 but we get so many of these "perpetual motion" and "free energy" posts here they become tiresome and either get deleted or instill an equally silly reply. I dd not intend to offend you but you only have to look at all the other similar posts and videos on Youtube to see a pattern. They are there for one purpose only, to attract clicks and advertising revenue for the poster. You made the poster a few pennies richer.

In that specific video you will note that the motor/generator and even belt tension doesn't change when the extra load is added. The only explanation for that is that both the motor and the load are not powered by the generator at all. You may also have noticed there is no connection to the generator body yet it is the power return connection when in a vehicle. Also putting fixed magnets inside it instead of using field coils would be mechanically almost impossible and would not in any case make it produce 10 times the voltage.

In practice, if you actually did wire it correctly, the losses that Danadakk listed would stop it almost instantly, not only because of friction and electrical losses but as the motor slowed it would turn the generator more slowly and being an AC motor that would start a 'vicious circle' of one slowing the other until they stopped.

Brian.

Betwixt and danadakk are correct
you can't get something for nothing

you knew the answer also "I just learn you can never get more than you put in."
in fact, you also can't get out what you put in - you have to get less.
there are always losses. period.
sometimes the losses are hard to spot, but they're there

Hi,

I agree, too.

I feel sad that there are so many people trying to hoax and confuse others with their fake videos.
They make money by the huge hit count on youtube.

Better be angry about them instead about us.

Klaus

Thanks guys

This is the first one I saw. I don't spend time serving the web and youtube unless I am searching specifically for something. I never even interested in perpetual machine, so never even occur to me to look for it. A friend sent me this.

I have not been keeping up with physics other than electromagnetics for RF design, my knowledge is 40 years old. I just remember you can get only what you put in even in IDEAL condition and no more. The copper loss in the motor and generator, the friction loss will definitely take the efficiency below 100% and it will not sustain, forget about powering the drill.

I guess people have nothing better to do to waste time doing this to get their name out. I am retired, but I am still so busy, still designing very high end stereo power amps and all. Who has the time to waste to look for things that I don't need?!!!

Thanks for your time. I just don't want to discount anything and want to just verify.

Thanks

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.