Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCI interface module is not detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

muniraju

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends,

Please Let me know your valuable suggestions for my problem prescribed below:

We have designed a circuit it is a communication type and the PCB is fabricated and assembled. While testing, all parts are working except this PCI interface, when we connect to the system using PCI interface, the device is not detecting.

We use PLX9656 and FM93CS56 for interface. so please let me know why the device is not detected and please give some solutions to eradicate this problems.

thank you.

Concerning my experience with the PLX PCI930...

1st - Have you tried more than 1 motherboard? Our board worked FINE on a bunch of computers, but a server it wouldn't work until we fixed part stuffing problems.

2nd - Verify PLX and EEPROM are wired correctly. We made a small mistake on our first PCB, some how the DI and DO lines were swapped. Tracked it down to confusing wording in PLX document.

3rd - Verify EEPROM is on your PLX recommended list. If not, swap to another chip. I seem to remember the PCI9030 was very picky about which EEPROM it could use. Might not be an issue with your PLX.

4th - Verifiy PRSNT1# and PRSNT2# are set correct. We had a server that would not power up the slot because it didn't think these pins were set correct. We had a resistor stuffing mistake.

5th - Verify PME# is correct? We had a MOSFET installed wrong that prevented the board from powering up in one computer.

6th - There is a PLX program that comes with the SDK that reports every PCI device in the computer, use it. It even allows you to read the PCI settings for other cards...very useful.

Let me know what you find to be your problem, in case I ever use that chip in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back