Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Package mismatching

FreshmanNewbie

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This is a LAN8720Ai SQFN package. The part does not match the datasheet.

LAN8720Ai

The missing corner red circle in the above image is not matched with the datasheet. Is this normal?

1707284555150.png

This is a LAN8720Ai SQFN package. The part does not match the datasheet.

LAN8720Ai

The missing corner red circle in the above image is not matched with the datasheet. Is this normal?

View attachment 188450
Yes it is unusual, but the clockwise # sequence tells me the hash marks are on the bottom,
and this shows a pin 1 fiducial mark on top.
1707287993951.png

Marked in the first image that I shared.

That notch kind of things that present in the first image, is missing in the drawing (shown in the datasheet) in the below image.
Hmmm, strange. I don’t see the image, just a little box with a ”?”.

there is no red circle in the 1st image because he stated it was missing.

- yet there is a black circle in the datasheet I showed above.
- and both show the optional shaded corner quadrant on the underside.

I don't know why or where the 1st image came from but as it says in the notes, it's optional.

1707326565808.png

Hi,

so ... if he misses the red circle ... then I still expect there is a drawing with a red circle ... But where is this drawing?

Until now it seems as a random question to me. Like: It misses a purple triangle and a colored rainbow.

Klaus

added:
Now I´ve got it. He misses the "circle" as "pin #1 identifier" on the package drawing.
(Still I´m confused about "red". How does he know it´s red?)

It's well known that package details can vary, nevertheless there's always a clear pin 1 marking. I don't understand the purpose of this thread at all.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back