Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OPEN URL with SIM300c

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakaz

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sim300c at command

Hello Forum,

Hope you are all doing well.

I have just recently got the SIM300C module and the purpose of using this GSM/ GPRS module to send periodical data from difference locations to the website running sever database. I have worked with the ASP and made the database. I have installed some temprature / gas sensros different places and i want to upload their data do the website at central location. so the person sitting at the central location can check if everything is going well.

I have made the ASP /VBA script to just simply run if you got my idea. for example:

----------------------------------
if we run this in the explorer:
http://users1.nofeehost.com/zeeworks/xt_email.asp?prefix=srn&text=12345678901

then the ASP script will run and add the record in the server database and reply confirmation.

If you will go to:
URL : http://users1.nofeehost.com/zeeworks/
username: admin
password: admin

and CLICK on the VIEW SMS DATA then you can see at the end the new entry with date and time. It is just an idea i had made i will make it more better.

---------------------------

1. Do you think this is the right way to upload data in the database.
2. How i can run the above http URL connecting through the GPRS SIM300C AT Commands.

I hope you understand what i want and could you please help me to start my this proejct.

Regards,

Shan

sim300c web based

Helo gsmman

thanks for your reply. Yes, i have got it already and done and i also tried to open the www.google.com and other random websites and i got it how does it works. Great thank you.

Now, i want to send an email through smtp server using sim300c gprs module. I have searched on the internet and found some smtp procotols like this.
AT+CIPSTART="TCP","SMTP MAIL SERVER IP ADDRS","25"<cr>
OK
CONNECT OK
220 SMTP .................. >>>>>

-----------
at this stage when i type anything and press ENTER <CR> then i got ERROR. why is that? How i can send the email.

Waiting for your positive reply.

Shan

open url at command phone

You must send each line of data using the "+CIPSEND" command:
Code:
>> AT+CIPSEND            - Issue Send Command 
<< >                       - wait for module to return'>' to indicate it's ready to receive data 
>> EHLO test.com           - send data (terminate with CTL-Z)
<< 250 OK                 - response from SMTP server
>> AT+CIPSEND           - Issue Send Command 
<< >                       - wait for module to return'>' to indicate it's ready to receive data 
>> MAIL FROM:Admin@test.com    - send data (terminate with CTL-Z)
<< 250 OK - MAIL FROM [email]Admin@test.com[/email]  - response from SMTP server

sim300c send data to web

Hello,

Thanks, yes i have gone through the web search and found the SMTP , POP3 protocols and i have tried to use both and i have successfully, retrive email from the pop server. But when i try to send email through my smtp server i got an error:

HELO me@myserver.com --- SMTP welcom nice to meet you
MAIL FROM:<me@myserver.com> --- SMTP SENDER OK
RCTP TO: <receiver@myserver.com> --- SMTP RELAYING DENIED ?????

I have a question, how i can connect any smtp server without Username or Password. i could not understand. if it is without username of password then anybody can use someone smtp server.

Please clarify.

Shan

atdt+

sakaz said:
Hello,
I have a question, how i can connect any smtp server without Username or Password. i could not understand. if it is without username of password then anybody can use someone smtp server.

Some SMTP servers do not required authentication, some do. If your server does then you need to send the authentication commands before constructing the Email - see this link for a good description of various authentication methods:
https://www.fehcom.de/qmail/smtpauth.html

sim300c code

Thanks Gsmman,

This is really great link you have provided to learn and understand about the mail authentication. I have tried with my own web site / smtp. mail server. I have succssfully sent and receive email through hyperterminal using my GPRS modem.

Once again thank you so much. I will be here again to learn more from this forum.

Regards,
Shan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back