Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OFDM parallel to serial block in transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

engrMunna

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Should we not compute only the first coefficient in IFFT in OFDM?

Hi,
I am editing this post because I think the previous one was quite confusing....Let me put my question in a more efficient way:

In OFDM Transmitter, when you do the IFFT of input samples x(0),x(1),x(2)....x(N-1), then at the output of the IFFT block you get a sequence \[\bar{X}\][0], \[\bar{X}\][1], \[\bar{X}\][2]..... \[\bar{X}\][N-1]. My question is, that do we then transmit \[\bar{X}\][0], \[\bar{X}\][1], \[\bar{X}\][2]..... \[\bar{X}\][N-1] one by one over the channel?
If that is so, don't you think we only need to transmit only one element from the set { \[\bar{X}\][0], \[\bar{X}\][1], \[\bar{X}\][2]..... \[\bar{X}\][N-1] } ??? because if you consider, lets say, \[\bar{X}\][0] then this particular element has information about all the samples of x(0),x(1),x(2)....x(N-1) (according to the formula of DFT) and we need only send only this element and not the complete set { \[\bar{X}\][0], \[\bar{X}\][1], \[\bar{X}\][2]..... \[\bar{X}\][N-1] }

Last edited:

12-30-2014 4-32-06 PM.png12-30-2014 4-32-27 PM.png
i want to know how to proof this equation from this picture which i attached here
this is my first time i ask about something in this site how can anyone help me , please ?

Status
Not open for further replies.