Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NP15 transistor-based Power Amplifier on ADS

med_a

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to design a power amplifier (900 MHz), and I determined the DCIV characteristics (attached images).
Now, I need to design an approximate ideal model that describes the transistor analytically.
I couldn't find a datasheet of the transistor or anything else that can help design that ideal model.

first session DCIV characteristics simulation.PNG

first session DCIV characteristics.PNG

What is ideal model ?? You meant "simplified model" ? For information about the transistor, refer to Design handbook of the Foundry.
Also, simplified models cannot give you a realistic results.

Hi,
Thank you,
I meant a circuit that can approximate the ideal model to describe the transistor analytically

Hi,
Thank you,
I meant a circuit that can approximate the ideal model to describe the transistor analytically
If this simplified models has not been provided by foundry there is nothing to do. Almost every foundry hide these details.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: