Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

not allowed to post ebooks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmn.ever

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/156759/

Do you guys know that not all ebooks have copyright and/or their authors allow sharing it? Some ebooks are even under "create commons" license or public domain. Why not allow those? What about linking to ebooks? Ebook doesn't necessarily have to be as a file.

Refer to the actual Forum rules

Do not share or request copyright material

Do not upload, attach, or otherwise post any copyrighted material which you are not free to redistribute (subject to the licensing terms of the specific item). If you have a question about having permission to post or attach a specific item, please ask a moderator. We do not condone nor accept posts pertaining to illegal activities such as hacking, cracking, *****, or spam.
IEEE papers are also copyrighted and as such not allowed unless you have the author permission or are freely available, please read this.

you have the author permission or are freely available
Then what if moderators consider these post contaning hidden advertisements?

"have the author permission" means a permition to distribute the book (like upload it here). Why would anyone consider advertising the sharing of an ebook?

I'm not sure I get the point of the hypothetical question.

I once posted such link to free ebooks for beginners and was warned for posting advertisments and breaking forum rules twice for the same posting.

Actually it wasn't a warning but a notification of the forum rules regarding advertisements, the reason was that it included a link to a website where they sell kits.
If the post contained only the ebook links or if the linked website wasn't selling products it wouldn't be a problem .

Status
Not open for further replies.