Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NMOS gate driver with isolation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kit_714

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

May I ask for NMOS gate driving method with isolation using IR2110 and IR2117?

For IR2110, without low side MOSFET, the bootstrap capacitor cannot be charged. How can i solve the problem on driving isolation NMOS with high side driver only?

Second, can I use IR2117 directly to achieve my goal? Does the bootstrap capacitor charging problem still exists?

Many thanks.

Hi,

it´s hard to answer as long as we don´t know your circuit, voltages, frequency, duty cycle....

i suppose it is only high side mosfet. Can´t you go to low side mosfet?
galvanic isolation with optocouplers?
Can yo give us more information about your circuit?

Klaus

Um .... Opto will have delay ..... i am not so prefer ...

Simply speaking, i wanna control NMOS with isolation gate driving methods. Any ideas??

Thanks a lot!

Why not use a gate drive transformer?

However, for a more complete answer/discussion, you should mention your specifications such as frequency, duty cycle, etc.

If you have a sufficient load in place, the bootstrap capacitor can charge. However, why not just put a low-side MOSFET and feed into LIN the signal of HIN inverted?

Status
Not open for further replies.