Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NETLIST problem in Altium Designer 6.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

cimconlighting

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
While giving netlist in altium designer 6.6, one pin of the IC remains not connected on PCB although it is connected to GND in schematic. I came to know about this error after troubleshooting n board itself. Even this error also not shown in DRC. Can anyone please explain how this type of errors can be corrected or reason for this error?

Sorry if it is a trivial query, but I have to ask: Did you update PCB from schematic ?

Sorry if it is a trivial query, but I have to ask: Did you update PCB from schematic ?

Yes, i did it again after trouble shooting on pcb to cross cheack but it shows zero drc for broken nets.

I would recommend you review at the "Design Rule Checker" panel if all the most common errors and warnings are properly set; For some reason some of the standard configuration settings could be changed from the original; just a guess.

I would recommend you review at the "Design Rule Checker" panel if all the most common errors and warnings are properly set; For some reason some of the standard configuration settings could be changed from the original; just a guess.

I also checked it, DRC checker is set according to standards.
Still it does not show an error.

Is GND actually used in the rest of the schematic, or is it AGND, DGND etc?
Does the pad show as being connected to the GND net?
Can you reload the part information from the library?

What is the state of other pads connected to the GND net?
Is the GND net poured copper? If so what is it doing around this pad?
Have you got a greater spacing rule set for this pad? preventing copper being poured onto it?

Can you delete it from scm and PCB then add it into scm again and update PCB again.
Perhaps temporarily try it connected to another net and see the results.

Is GND actually used in the rest of the schematic, or is it AGND, DGND etc?
"same GND is used in whole sch."

Does the pad show as being connected to the GND net?
"NO, it looks as NC."

Can you reload the part information from the library?
"Yes, but will it help. I need to know the reason why drc is overlooking the error."

What is the state of other pads connected to the GND net?
"yes, other GND pads are connected well."
Is the GND net poured copper? If so what is it doing around this pad?
"yes, pad had poured GND copper, In previous version it is well connected to GND & in revised version it becomes NC. GNd pouring remains there as it is."
Have you got a greater spacing rule set for this pad? preventing copper being poured onto it?
" No specific rules for this pad."

Can you delete it from scm and PCB then add it into scm again and update PCB again.
"Yes, in doing so error gets solved but my concern is why i am not getting DRC error for this unconnected Pad."
Perhaps temporarily try it connected to another net and see the results
"ok, will try."

please find quoted answers.
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back