Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need verilog pll coding for xc9572 cpld device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lokesh Waran

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dears,

i have external clock frequancy of 40 Mhz in xc9572xl CPLD device ,i am very new for Verilog can anyone answer me for phase lock loop for obtain Fcco (output core clock frequency ) 120 MHz .how can i write coding for that?

thank you very much for all visitors and replys

Generally speaking, it's not possible without a dedicated PLL block which includes an analog VCO.

There are nevertheless ways to implement a kind of PLL in pure digital logic, I guess it win't fit xc9572

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/194547/

thankkkkkkkkkkkkk youuuuuuuuuuu very much for your replay ..............

- - - Updated - - -

hi...! but in xc9572xl device data sheet they have given that we can run the core frequency up to 120 Mhz .
but, external maximum crystal frequency is 40 MHz. So ,how should I achieve 120 MHz core clock?
Is this possible with external crystal or any internal PLL code.
whether this is to be achieved only with PLL?.If yes means How to done with verilog/vhdl code? (design tool: Xilinx ISE 13.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.