Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need information about IP over DVB protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

kormesii

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
IP over DVB ?

Hi all,

I have Dektec DTA-107 ( **broken link removed**) I wrote a the board driver and I see the reception RSSI strength indicator is over 90% (I use skystar2 receiver). I want to transfer Internet packet via DBV. I wrote Ethernet sniffer that capture all LAN packets and transfer them over the DVB but the receiver doesn’t accept any packets. Then I saw that there is special IP over DVB protocol. My question is witch part of the DVB standard is for IP transfer? Are there any sources for so called “MPE – Multiprotocol Encapsulation” or sample DVB-IP packet data? Where to find more information ?
Tnx.

Re: IP over DVB ?

DVB-H for handheld , have a part for IP over DVB, the ETSI indicates clearly the MPE and even MPEFEC.
please refer to www.etsi.org
godd luck

Re: IP over DVB ?

let me explain simply how the ip is encapsulated in the DVB-H stream.

The DVB-H belongs to the famly of DVB standarts, which its a super set of DVB-T, Basically the data is carried in TS packets of MPEG, thes TS packets carries either MPE sectoin or FEC section, the MPE section has a header and a crc, its pay load is actually an IP Packet, the IP packet in most cases carry a UDP packet ,which carries either RTP Packet or RTCP packet, thos RTP packets carries the NAL uinits of the H264 audio and video data, a user can simply get the IP packets and forward them to a VLC as a network stream and he can see his video being played , i have tried it myself.

feel free to ask me any thing you want.

Bassem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back