Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOSFET that works with Lipo (3v-4.2V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amalinda

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can somone please recomend me a MOSFET IC that turn on fully when 3.0V is supplied with a good Ron value such as less than a couple of ohms?

An EPC enhancement mode GaN FET will be well driven at
that kind of Vgs - not fully, but sub-100mOhms. Maybe a
better option for you. Provided that you need <= 200V
BVdss.

But it's not clear to me what you're really after - a single
MOSFET, an IC, an IC to drive MOSFETs?

I want to switch ON a load that can have burst currents on 2.5A using a microcontroler. the MOSFET i used is not functioning properly. the voltage drop is too high when I switch it ON. Is there a special circuitry to be used without directly connecting the GATE of the MOSFEt to the ucontroler?
and what is the MOSFET I should use here.
the load is basically a SIM908 which will request for burst currents of 2-2.5A and most of the time the load is off

I'm using Si2323 (PMOS 20V/6A/50 mOhm, SOT23 case) for similar applications. Lower Rdson transistors are available in Micro8 and SO8.

Major manufacturers have parametric search to easily find suitable types.

Hey can you pls advice me of a support circuitry? the one I had I connected the GATE to the MCU and the MCU heats a lot. GATE and SOURSE directly to the Power accrosos the load to GND.

However when I do this, I get about 1.5V less than the supply voltage(3.8V Lipo) at the load. Anyone has a sollution?
should I use a mechanical relay?
May be an IGBT?
is 3.8V at the gate not enough to bias is properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back