Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modifying Ku band VSAT Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

moindsp

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
we want to develop 1W 8 to 12Ghz power amplifier for point to point communication , the cheapest option available to us is modifying Ku band VSAT power amplifier. I intend to modify JRC JT5207 for our application, i just want to ask has anybody done this work before in amateur communication for point to point communications. if i add microstrip filter to bandlimit the frequency how about that , I have done ADS simulation of it using its harmonic 14.5 and it seems somewhat noisy . Any other technique of lowering its frequency in my range. Do they use Single CHIP power amplifiers MMIC , how to change there frequency

I havent seen in side that particular transmitter. Many of them do use GaAs MMIC
devices and they are often very narrow bandwidth, 1GHz at the most.
To find out you would need to get spec/data sheets for that transmitter and find
out what devices it has and then get the data sheets for those devices and see
what bandwidth they have.
If they will cover the freq you are interested in then you may find that you have
to do very little to peak the performance (efficiency) of the amplifier at your
required freq. Do what we, in the trade, call snowflaking along the striplines.

cheers
Dave
VK2TDN

Status
Not open for further replies.