Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller+opto isolator interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

manikandanshine

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to connect ac load with microcontroller for checking supply is on and off....how it is possible.....can anybody help me......

Use the supply to drive the opto-isolator LED. If the supply is AC, make sure you rectify it to DC. Remember to use a current-limiting resistor.

At the transistor side, connect the emitter to ground. Connect a resistor (10k) between the collector and +5V. Connect the collector to the microcontroller. In this configuration, when supply is on, the output at the collector and thus to the microcontroller will be 0. When supply is off, the output at the collector and thus to the microcontroller will be +5V.

Another possible configuration is to connect the collector to +5V and to connect a resistor (10k) between the emitter and ground. Connect the emitter to the microcontroller. In this configuration, when supply is on, the output at the emitter and thus to the microcontroller will be +5V. When supply is off, the output at the emitter and thus to the microcontroller will be 0.

Here I've used +5V for the examples. If your microcontroller is to be operated with 3.3V, then use +3.3V instead of +5V.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Use the supply to drive the opto-isolator LED. If the supply is AC, make sure you rectify it to DC. Remember to use a current-limiting resistor.

At the transistor side, connect the emitter to ground. Connect a resistor (10k) between the collector and +5V. Connect the collector to the microcontroller. In this configuration, when supply is on, the output at the collector and thus to the microcontroller will be 0. When supply is off, the output at the collector and thus to the microcontroller will be +5V.

Another possible configuration is to connect the collector to +5V and to connect a resistor (10k) between the emitter and ground. Connect the emitter to the microcontroller. In this configuration, when supply is on, the output at the emitter and thus to the microcontroller will be +5V. When supply is off, the output at the emitter and thus to the microcontroller will be 0.

Here I've used +5V for the examples. If your microcontroller is to be operated with 3.3V, then use +3.3V instead of +5V.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

can you post the connection diagram of it.....

can you post the connection diagram of it.....

6716033900_1356099333.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back