Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mechanical design terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohamed.elsabagh

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, I am trying to find someone to do for me a mechanical design and I asked him for some designs and he told me about his output design files but I didn't understand what those files are so I need any help.
The files names are
1- Industry design:

a- Three ideas drawings, JPG files.
b- Color schemes.
c- Silk screen drawing.

2- Mechanical design:

a- 3D drawing.
b- 2D drawing.
c- other technical files.

I need to know the purpose of each file because he gave me his prices and time line but I can't really evaluate the price or the time. Please I need quick help.

Your question does not have much detail so il try and answer it for you the best i can:

1- Industrial design - JPG is just an image file, like a photo from a camera.
- colour schemes may relate to some kind of selection that you have to chose?
- its a drawing with a silk screen effect over the top

2- Mechanical Design- 3D drawings vary, mostly for presentation and simulation, (autodesk inventor uses .ipt for 3D parts, and .iam for assemblies).
- 2D drawings are good, AUTOCAD, most mechanical designs have some kind of 2d drawing that represents the item from different angles and shows the measurements required to build it.
- Poss. Simulation analysis, or perhaps files from a variety of software.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back