Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measurement of Small scale fading channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redhwan

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to conduct a measurement of the small scale fading channel and fit the actual data to Raleigh, Rician, and Gaussian distribution. I really would appreciate it if someone can give me some ideas as what i need to do!

In order to separate these discrete sources of interference, one needs a directional antenna with XY directional servo to scan and detect the Fading loss dead spots that is due to self cancellation of equala mplitude out of phase signals to create a dead spot.

Rician Fading is most common with multi-path distortion and acuity of 1mm or 0.1 degree in antenna orientation is necessary. A duplex antenna with a diversity switch makes a huge improvement to Wifi speeds in the presence of multipath, which is present in many laptops but never WiFi USB sticks.

I recall bouncing signals off tree leaves to get a neighbours signal before I got hooked up when I moved in. Other Rician fading can occur off ground water for long haul.
Getting out of a deadspot from -85 dBm to an adequate signal near -75dBm often just takes a 1mm rotation on the laptop corner or sideways shift. or 10% of a wavelength.

Thanks a lot i appreciate your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back