Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Magnetics math

SmMan

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I am new here!
mag_2.gif

Can someone explaine to me how to get from line(s) one to two in the attached pages?
I do accept the final answers or consclusions but I cannot figure out how to go from lines (numbered) 1 to 2.

From the book Introduction to magnetics and magnetic materials by David Jiles
Thanks.
Sm
mag.gif

You can derive the equation simply starting by the relationship between the magnetic susceptibility (X) and the magnetization (M).

Attachments

• Susceptibility.jpg
    Susceptibility.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 55
You can derive the equation simply starting by the relationship between the magnetic susceptibility (X) and the magnetization (M).
Thanks for the reply albbg,

I thought you could only use your solution on materials that had a constant U as per what it says in the picture below, but I was wrong. The text gives this impression (I least I think it does).

I still cannot figure out how to get from '1' to '2' in the second problem (repeated below). I accept the answer OK it's just that I cannot do the math.

Cheers,
Sm

Attachments

• lineary_2.gif
    lineary_2.gif
    25.2 KB · Views: 44
  • still.gif
    still.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 46
Figured it out :)

B = Uo(H + M)

B = Uo(Ni/L + M) [ H = Ni/L]