Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LT1170 / LT1171 / LT1172 as Buck Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

xinz

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lt1170

Anyone have a working circuit / schematic for LT1170 as buck converter?
I tried the circuit on datasheet but have no success so far.

lt1170 buck circuit

Can you tell exactly which circuit in the datasheet you tried?
Is it possible to attach some waveforms?

lt1172

the circuit is taken from LT1170 datasheet (see attached image).
I use LTSpice IV for simulation, For D1 i use schottky diode with IF 3A, for D3 i use silicon diode with IF 3A.
simulation result for Vout= 0 volt, flat.

there is a mark on circuit (like resistor symbol with rectangle), i don't know what symbol is that so i ignore it on my circuit.

lt1170 circuit

You can try to make a buck converter from many ICs, you can find even application circuits utilizing a linear voltage regulator. But a LT1170 is really bad suited for this purpose, I think, there are more pleasant ways to waste your time. Apart from this, the said Linear application should be hopefully operational somehow.

The "r" symbol sems to be a curious creation of Linear application engineers, designating a small resistor, possibly trace resistances. If you want to know more, file a support request to Linear! There may be a problem, if the author isn't working with Linear any more, cause it's a rather old application, copied from a more than 20 years old LT1070 datasheet.

P.S.: I see, that the shorted resistor symbol is used in some other schematics, too. So it may be considered well-known, the resistance value is mssing from the schematics anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back