Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low Power Wireless Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

TekUT

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
for a my battery powered application I'm using the Easy-Radio ER400TRS 433MHz Transceiver from Low Power Radio Solution:
**broken link removed**
this module works nice but I've a drawback due to the quiescent current when the module is into the read mode (listening) equal to 20 mA approximatively, my goal is to decrease this current when the transceiver is not used or to be more precise retain the module in sleep mode and resume the active state only when a incoming transmission is detected or when I like to transmit some information.

From the transmission side there is no trouble, by using my existing microcontroller I can force the wake up procedure, but the problem is when the module is into the sleep mode and some incoming transmission is present. In this last scenario, due to the sleep mode, the RF section of the transceiver is not working then I can't know, from the module point of view, if there is or not a incoming transmission then I can't wake u from sleep when a incoming transmission is still present.

What I'm searching for then is a way to wake up the module when the 433 MHz carrier is detected in this way I can wake up the module from the sleep mode into the active state.

From this point of view my idea will be put a simple LC tuned group and then with a simple transistor make a signal amplification, after that a rectification stage with a low drop diode and then simply check when the signal at the end of this chain is greater or lower than some level. If the signal is greater there is a incoming transmission then I can resume the transceiver and after the power up time start to decode and use the transceiver.

My simple idea hence is to use in parallel to the original transceiver (wich have a reading current of 20 mA) another simple receiver system able to work like a threshold switch tuned on 433 MHz but with a much more less quiescent current to preserve the battery when the transceiver is into the sleep mode. Of course this can be also a integrated system if there exist some similar around here able to change the logic state of a output pin only when the 433 MHz carrier frequency is detected, of course the main things is about the quiescent current that must be the minimum allowable. May be also that some RFID solution can be applied here.

Someone have some idea or suggest regarding this things?

Thanks in advance

Pow

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.