Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Loading programming file on Basys FPGA board

Status
Not open for further replies.

erenkcms

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everybody,
i am learning FPGA but i have got problem. after i wrote code in ise with vhdl language, how can i load to FPGA board( i found digilent adept suite is it right program for load fpga?)? and where we set pin number? for example we write code as a: in std_logic b: std_logic but when we load to fpga this code here a and b which pins???? so where we adjust this pins???
please help me:(

Re: Basys FPGA Board

you can assign your signals to actual pins by providing pin location constraints.
there are two ways to do this

1. write a text file with UCF extention.
2. Use PACE utility available in ISE.

please refer

Basys FPGA Board

thank you..
i used PACE but when i used it, my code didn't run again then i thought that this was wrong. also how this code send to FPGA??? i used digilent adapt suite. is it true program??

Re: Basys FPGA Board

Hi erenkcms,
to configure the target device, in the case of Basys FPGA Board, later of generate programming file (*.bit), you need use the digilent adept suite 2.1, you could use this manual or later install the software Adept go to Start -> Programs -> Digilent -> Adept -> Adept User's Manual
I hope this help.
Setzuna Fseiei

Status
Not open for further replies.